The Edmonton commercial division of Westcorp Property Management is comprised of 202,000 square feet of office and 103,000 square feet of retail premises and we are recruiting a building operator to complement our team.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance
- Identify and rectify general maintenance issues
- Respond to tenant requests, complete work orders in a timely manner
- Water treatment, replacement of filters, light and ballast replacements, minor plumbing and electrical
- Consult with contractors to obtain quotations and to ensure work is completed in compliance with building rules and regulations
- Oversee construction of tenant improvements and other projects.
- Prioritize and schedule work to meet deadlines in an efficient and timely manner
- Respond to emergency after hours calls and be available to participate in the on-call rotation (approximately one week every six weeks)
- Perform other duties as assigned, or required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of four years’ relevant experience in commercial buildings
- 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, building automation systems, plumbing and preventive maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, smartphone aptitude
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license and be available for on call
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift, carry, or move heavy items
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results-oriented and able to work in a multi-functional team environment
- Covid vaccination preferred
Working at Westcorp:
Headquartered in Edmonton, Westcorp Property Management Inc. is a vertically integrated company that creates, invests in, and manages residential, commercial, and hotel properties. Westcorp operates in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, and Bonnyville, as well as in Michigan in the United States.
Westcorp is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation.
Westcorp employs 200 people with many decades of combined, extensive and successful experience. We provide our employees with a work environment that promotes professional and personal development.
Our approach to employee attraction and retention is straightforward: We want the best of the best. To attract the ‘best of class’ and the best new entrants to the real estate field, Westcorp provides:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package including a Health Spending Account
- Employee assistance program
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
- A mentoring culture